Theatre Network welcomes and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Front of House Representatives (Staff Role)
Theatre Network is seeking enthusiastic and dependable arts professionals to join our team as Front of House Representatives. These positions will join Theatre Network at an exciting time, in the newly rebuilt Roxy Theatre at 10708 124 Street.
- Welcoming audiences to The Roxy and providing an elevated level of customer service;
- Selling tickets and concession/bar items through our POS/ticketing software;
- Restock concession/bar, clean and prepare bar, theatre seating and public areas;
- Working with our small team to ensure smooth operation of box office and concession before performances;
- Overseeing volunteers in usher, concession, and other duties; and,
- Maintaining an excellent level of communication with patrons, volunteers, donors, artists and other groups by phone, email, and in person.
Theatre Network Hires for
- Reliability, initiative, and integrity;
- Care for/love of the arts in Edmonton;
- Enjoyment of interfacing with the public;
- Keen problem-solving skills;
- Commitment to effective team work; and,
- Commitment to seeing tasks through from beginning to end.
- 2 years relevant experience in theatre or the arts (or with customer service and additional arts/theatre experience);
- Good availability for evenings and weekends;
- AGLC ProServe certification; and,
- First Aid Certification.
Experience with our POS/ticketing software, Via by Red61, is an asset but not a requirement. Knowledge of the 124th Street area is an asset as well.
Positions are casual, part-time, with an hourly wage of $18 per hour. Shifts & scheduling is dependent on (but not limited to) Theatre Network’s performance schedule.
Please email resume and a short cover letter detailing your interest to: Harley Morison, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted and interviews will be scheduled on an ongoing basis until May 20, 2022. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Network is seeking enthusiastic and dependable volunteers to join our team at an exciting time – in the newly rebuilt Roxy Theatre at 10708 124 Street. Volunteers play an integral role at Theatre Network and The Roxy in welcoming and seating patrons, and assisting our Front of Staff in the smooth operation of the theatre. Thank you for your help!
Ushers are stationed at the theatre entrances before performances. They scan patron’s tickets, and help people get to their seats. They also sit in and watch the performance in assigned volunteer seating. During the performance, they keep an eye out for things like: patrons leaving mid-performance who may need some assistance, latecomer arriving and being seated (if applicable), and emergency situations that they need to relay to Theatre Network’s Front of House Staff.
Bar volunteers help with bar service. They must be ProServe certified (if you’re not, let us know and we can help you get certified!). They safely serve drinks under the supervision of Theatre Network’s Front of House staff. They may use our point of sale system, or may just focus on serving while staff take care of the sales system – you can discuss your preference with the volunteer coordinator and the staff on the night. Let us know if you’d like to watch the performance so there’s time to get you seated. We can’t guarantee a seat in the theatre, but will gladly seat bar volunteers on the Mezzanine if we’re full.
Other roles may be available on a per show basis. More info will be provided if this is the case!
Email Managing Director Harley Morison at email@example.com (or call at 780.453.2440) to receive a volunteer application.
The Roxy Theatre is wheelchair accessible on every floor. While some duties include lifting, etc., Theatre Network is happy to tailor specific duties around challenges or limitations. Please inquire for more info. For more detailed information on building accessibility, please visit theatrenetwork.ca/contact-us.
These positions interface directly with the public. Theatre Network welcomes and encourages mask-wearing but does not require it. Staff are supported to wear masks to their comfortability level, as well as in communicating with the public about Covid-19. Note that Theatre Network may change Covid-19 guidelines at any time.