Roxy Theatre Location and Accessibility
Getting to the Roxy Theatre
The Roxy Theatre is located at the intersection of 107 Avenue and 124 Street in downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
Street parking is available in the immediate area, along 124th Street (north and south), as well as on 106th and 108th avenues, east and west from 124th Street, in addition to further into the neighbourhood to the east, west, and south. Note the signage to determine if your parking spot is free, paid, or has timing restrictions.
Paid parking is available in Impark Lot 465 at 10831 124th Street.
There is no parking for Theatre Network patrons directly behind The Roxy; these spots are not ours and are reserved for other businesses and residences.
Please be kind and respect our neighbours by only parking in designated public spaces, and by keeping noise to a minimum in the later hours when returning to your vehicle.
Current Road Closures/Reductions
We will do our best to update with this space as road construction around the theatre changes!
- 108th Avenue between 123 St and 124 St is closed Thursday evenings for the 124 St Grand Market. Parking is restricted in that area from 2pm onwards on Thursdays.
Eastbound 107 Ave will be reduced to one lane from east of 127 St to west of 124 St. Access to and from 125 St south of 107 Ave will be closed. Left turns will be banned westbound at 125 St and eastbound at 126 St and 125 St.
For the most up-to-date info, visit the City of Edmonton’s traffic website.
ETS (EDMONTON TRANSIT SERVICE)
If you are arriving via public transit, there are several options:
- Route 7 heading east to Downtown or to West Edmonton Mall will drop you off at 124th Street and 107th Avenue beside Glenora Cannabis.
- Route 901 heading Downtown or to Jasper Place will drop you off on 124th Street and 107th Avenue beside Washoku Bistro.
- Route 5 heading north to Westmount, you can get off on 124th Street and 107th Avenue in front of The Three Vikings parking lot.
- Route 5 heading south to Downtown or the Coliseum, you can get off at 124th Street and 108th Avenue in front of the Tien Lung TaeKwon-Do and walk south down the street towards the Roxy Theatre.
DATS (Dedicated Accessible Transit Service) Dropoff Location
Drop off is on 124th Street southbound, in front of the Roxy. For more information visit the DATS website.
Arriving by Bike
Theatre Network has a vertical bike rack located at the back of The Roxy, in the alley between 124th and 125th Streets, next to our Stage Door.
Please feel free to lock your bike here when attending the theatre (you’ll have to walk around to the front of the theatre to get inside the building).
This area is well-lit and under video surveillance, but all bikes are left at your own risk.
The Roxy Theatre is equipped with an elevator and is wheelchair accessible at every level.
For The Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival:
Patrons requiring a wheelchair stall must secure their ticket at the box office in person or by phone. General admission tickets purchased online do not guarantee wheelchair stall availability.
For any questions about available wheelchair seating at The Roxy, read on below or feel free to call/email us at 780.453.2440 or email@example.com.
For Theatre Network’s Regular Season:
Wheelchair stalls in both venues at The Roxy can be booked online or by phone. We recommend booking in advance if you require a wheelchair stall. Theatre Network is happy to provide a free ticket for attendants of those requiring a wheelchair stall. Please call us at 780.453.2440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an attendant ticket.
If you have other accessibility requirements, questions, or suggestions, please contact the box office by phone or email as well to make sure we can meet your access needs.
The Roxy Theatre
- No ramps or stairs to get through the main entrance of the building.
- There are button switches through the main entrance for doors to open.
- The doors throughout the building are at least 32” wide each.
- There is an elevator located on the south side of the building (or directly to the left of the main entrance) to access every level of the building.
- A wheelchair accessible washroom stall is located on Level 0 in the main washroom and on Level 2, near the Nancy Power Theatre mezzanine entrance.
- Both the main washroom on Level 0 and the single washroom on Level 2 are all-gender washrooms.
Roxy Theatre levels 1 & 2
Nancy Power Theatre
- There is a slight ramp as you enter the theatre.
- Level 1 wheelchair stalls are available in the front row, centre of the theatre.
- Row A, accessible from Level 1, is at grade and recommended for patrons who may not wish to use stairs.
- Level 2 Mezzanine can accommodate wheelchair users or patrons with other mobility aids.
- Row L, seats 1 and 16 have open/closing armrests to allow easier access to the seats. These seats at the rear of the theatre are at grade with Level 2.
Roxy theatre levels 0 & 1
Lorne Cardinal Theatre
- Seating in the Lorne Cardinal Theatre is flexible and changes per performance, but dedicated wheelchair seating (at grade with Level 0) will be available. If you require a wheelchair stall, please select this option when purchasing your ticket online, call 780.453.2440, or email email@example.com.
- Audience seating on L0 does not have arm rests.
- Audience seating on the L1 is on high stools (also without armrests)